In This Issue
- December Monthly Message from the FDIC
- Latest FDIC Consumer News Edition
- 2022 Accomplishments
- Consider Submitting a Success Story
December Monthly Message from the FDIC
It’s December and the holiday shopping season is underway. According to the FDIC’s most recent edition of Consumer News, December is a good time to think about protecting your personal information while you’re online. As we spend more time online, especially shopping for bargains, it’s important to stay safe and to think about protecting personal information.
If you are planning on teaching Money Smart sessions, please consider sharing information about protecting your identity and avoiding scams while online. To learn more, please read the following resources:
- Reduce the Risk of Identity Theft – A tool that offers strategies to help reduce the risk of identity theft.
- Protecting Your Identity and Other Assets – A How Money Smart Are You? game with resources that can help you spot warning signs and understand how to protect your identity, report identity theft, and get the help you need if you do fall victim.
Join us on social media using the #FDICMoneySmart and show us the Money Smart products in action!
Latest FDIC Consumer News Edition
The December 2022 edition of the FDIC Consumer News is titled “Avoid Scams While Shopping Online for Bargains.” It provides tips to help protect you from identity theft. Read it here.
This was a great year for the Money Smart suite. Thanks to you, we accomplished many milestones:
- Over 1,500 attendees at our virtual events and webinars;
- Over 10,000 curriculum downloads; and
- Over 500 organization accounts opened on our How Money Smart Are You? Resource.
We look forward to achieving much more in 2023. Please stay tuned for updates and announcements.
Consider Submitting a Success Story
We are looking for Money Smart success stories for 2023 to promote the efforts of individuals, organizations, and educators and share their experiences to inspire others! If you have used any of our Money Smart curriculums and want to be highlighted in an upcoming edition of the Money Smart news, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.