Learn all about the FDIC - who we are, what we do, and how you can get a job with us.
Frequently Asked Questions for About FDIC
Mission & Purpose
Discover how the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation carries out its mission to maintain the stability of the nation's banking system.
- FDIC Mission, Vision, and Values
- Who is the FDIC?
- History of the FDIC - Photos, audio, and video showing the history of the FDIC including the online version of the exhibit located at the FDIC building in Washington, DC.
- Office of International Affairs – The FDIC's experts who provide technical assistance, training and consulting services to foreign deposit insurers, bank supervisors and resolution authorities.
- Learning Bank – The FDIC children's page providing information on what the FDIC does and how kids can learn to manage their money.
Careers with the FDIC
Find current job and internship opportunities with the FDIC.
Committees established to provide the FDIC with advice and guidance on a broad range of policy issues.
Find More Information
Meet the FDIC's senior executives and learn about its organizational structure.
Plans & Reports
Review the FDIC's budget, strategic plans, and financial reports.
What We Can Do for You
Discover the many ways we serve the public.
- Office of the Ombudsman
- Guest Services – Directions to the FDIC training center.
- Online Subscription Service – Sign up for email alerts.
- Reprintable FDIC Brochures
- Ordering & Using FDIC Signs & Logos
- Doing Business with the FDIC
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Service Center
- Obtaining a Lien Release – If your home or vehicle loan was held by a failed bank.
Diversity and Inclusion
Find out how the FDIC addresses the comprehensive, integrated, and strategic focus on diversity and inclusion. This includes reports to Congress in accordance with the provisions of Section 342(e) of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.