Celebration of the FDIC's 90th Anniversary
90 Years of the FDIC
List of FDIC Chairmen
This is the list of those who served as Chairman (or Acting Chairman) since the FDIC's inception in 1933. Learn more.
Archive of Speeches and Testimony
Histories of the FDIC
- Crisis and Response: An FDIC History, 2008-2013
- Managing the Crisis
- History of the Eighties
- The First Fifty Years: A History of the FDIC 1933-1983
Other Historical Publications
Read historical studies of deposit insurance from the 1930s through the crises of the early 2000s.
- A Brief History of Deposit Insurance
- Deposit Insurance: An Annotated Bibliography 1989-1999
- S&L Crisis: A Chrono-Bibliography
- Strengthening Financial Risk Management at the FDIC (2003)
Video History of the FDIC
Your Bank Has Failed: What Happens Next? - The FDIC was featured on CBS 60 Minutes on May 31, 2009, taking over a failed bank.