In This Issue
- August Monthly Message from the FDIC
- Popular Money Smart for Adults Tools Easier to Use
- Money Smart for Small Business Train-the-Trainer
- Success Story: An Engaging Virtual Training Series
August Monthly Message from the FDIC
As a financial educator, you are the essential link in bringing Money Smart to people in communities who need it most. And for readers who are also bankers, you may help Money Smart participants obtain banking services that meet their needs. As we approach the 20 year anniversary of Money Smart later this year, we want to express our gratitude to you for your use of Money Smart, whether you are a long-time or newer user.
We continue our Success Story series this month by highlighting how one Alliance member is engaging people both at a workplace and at a university. Both sites are commonly used venues to deliver Money Smart training. We hope the article provides helpful tips and inspiration to aid in your efforts.
Join us on social media using the #FDICMoneySmart and show us the curriculum in action!
Popular Money Smart for Adults Tools Easier to Use
We now have two stand-alone resources from the Money Smart for Adults curriculum.
- The “My Banking Checklist” is available online in English and Spanish. It can help people compare financial institution product offerings.
- FDIC’s Manage My Checking Account tool. It helps people make the most of their account. It too is available online in English and Spanish.
Learn more about comparing and managing accounts in Module 2 (You Can Bank On It).
Money Smart for Small Business Train-the-Trainer
The next Train the Trainer Webinar for people interested in teaching the Money Smart for Small Business Curriculum will be on Thursday, August 26, 2021, from 1:00 p.m.-2:30 p.m. (EST). Prospective trainers will learn how to use the Money Smart for Small Business financial education curriculum to help entrepreneurs enhance their money skills and create positive banking relationships. Click here to get more information and to register for the event.
Success Story: An Engaging Virtual Training Series
In this edition, we share the story of how Money Smart is being delivered to large groups virtually. We hope this story provides inspiration for what may be possible in your community. Read more at Success Story: An Engaging Virtual Training Series.