Resolution Authority Information
Title I and IDI Resolution Plans - Updated January 15, 2015
The public sections of the resolution plans required by covered companies for their rapid and orderly resolution in the event of material distress or failure.
- Guidance for 2013§165(d) Annual Resolution Plan Submissions by Domestic Covered Companies that Submitted Initial Resolution Plans in 2012 - PDF (PDF Help)
- Guidance for 2013§165(d) Annual Resolution Plan Submissions by Foreign-Based Covered Companies that Submitted Initial Resolution Plans in 2012 - PDF (PDF Help)
- Press Release: Agencies Provide Additional Guidance for Certain Resolution Plans - August 15, 2014
Systemic Resolution Authority Advisory Committee
The Committee provides advice and recommendations on a broad range of issues regarding the resolution of systemically important financial companies ("covered companies") pursuant to the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (July 21, 2010).
Selected Sections of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act
The FDIC is responsible for implementing a number of initiatives under the Act. Here are some of the sections that authorize or require FDIC action.
FDIC Role and Authority under the New Financial Reform Law
A summary of the new FDIC responsibilities for determining rules, expanding authority, and establishing resolution capabilities.
Resources: White Papers, Speeches, Testimony
PDF Help - Information on downloading and using the PDF reader.
- Statement of James R. Wigand, Director, Office of Complex Financial Institutions on Improving Cross Border Resolution to Better Protect Taxpayers and the Economy to the Subcommittee On National Security and International Trade and Finance, U.S. Senate; 538 Dirksen Senate Office Building May 15, 2013
- Statement of Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation by James R. Wigand, Director, Office Of Complex Financial Institutions And Richard J. Osterman, Jr., Acting General Counsel on Who Is Too Big To Fail? Examining the Application of Title I of the Dodd-Frank Act before the Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations; Committee on Financial Services; U.S. House of Representatives; April 16, 2013
- Remarks by Martin J. Gruenberg, Chairman, FDIC to the Annual Washington Conference of the Institute of International Bankers; Washington, DC; March 4, 2013
- Statement of Martin J. Gruenberg, Chairman, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation on Wall Street Reform: Oversight of Financial Stability and Consumer and Investor Protections; to the Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs, U.S. Senate; February 14, 2013
- Dealing with the Lehman problem - US-UK ideas on resolving large banks offer way forward; Financial Times; December 11, 2012
- Resolving Globally Active, Systemically Important, Financial Institutions; Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and the Bank of England; December 10, 2012
- Op-Ed: Global Banks Need Global Solutions When They Fail; Martin Gruenberg and Paul Tucker; Financial Times, December 10, 2012
- Remarks by Martin J. Gruenberg, Acting Chairman, FDIC to the American Banker Regulatory Symposium, Washington, DC; September 14, 2012
- Statement of Martin J. Gruenberg, Acting Chairman, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation on Implementing Wall Street Reform: Enhancing Bank Supervision and Reducing Systemic Risk; Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs; U.S. Senate; June 6, 2012
- Remarks by Martin J. Gruenberg, Acting Chairman, FDIC to the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago Bank Structure Conference; Chicago, IL; May 10, 2012
- FDIC Issues Guidance for the Resolution Plans of Large Banks; December 17, 2014
- Joint Release/Agencies Provide Additional Instructions for Submission of Some Resolution Plans; April 15, 2013
- FDIC to Hold Meeting of Systemic Risk Advisory Committee; December 4, 2012
- FDIC Announces Availability of Public Sections of Resolution Plans; July 3, 2012
- Joint Release/First Resolution Plans Due On or Before July 2; June 29, 2012