Sponsored by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, Federal Reserve Board, and Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
Every two years, the Federal Banking Regulatory Agencies (FDIC, Federal Reserve, and Office of the Comptroller of the Currency) host this important interagency conference for FDIC-insured Minority Depository Institutions (MDI) and Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) banks to help preserve and promote their mission. At the invitation of FDIC Chairman Martin J. Gruenberg, Federal Reserve Board Governor Michelle W. Bowman, and Acting Comptroller of the Currency Michael J. Hsu, MDI and CDFI bank executives are welcomed to join the "MDI and CDFI Bank Partnership Exchange."
The conference encourages interactive discussion among those who believe MDI and CDFI banks are uniquely positioned to create positive change in their communities. The conference also encourages participants to explore building partnerships to enable MDIs and CDFI banks to provide their communities with access to a wider variety of services and improve operational efficiencies. Collaboration among MDIs and CDFI banks, or between MDIs and CDFI banks and non-mission-driven institutions, can result in sound and profitable lending and investments that meet the needs of underserved communities.
- The conference format will facilitate a wide range of public and industry partnership opportunities for MDI and CDFI banks.
- Senior officials from Federal agencies will provide updates on resources, programs, and policies that can help MDI and CDFI banks achieve goals.
- Large and regional bank executives interested in partnering with MDIs and CDFI banks will have the opportunity to meet directly with MDI and CDFI bankers.
- MDIs and CDFI bankers will have the opportunity to network with one another.
- MDI and CDFI executives will have the opportunity to customize their schedule with interactive updates on key regulatory and supervisory topics of interest to them.
Who should attend?
Registration is limited to MDIs, CDFI banks, their CEOs, board members, managers and staff, and speakers. Space is limited to invited participants. To inquire about registration, please send an e-mail to MDIInteragencyConf@fdic.gov. Registration opens in July 2023.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, located at 2200 N Pearl Street, Dallas, TX 75201.