FDIC Hosts Webinar to Increase Account Access Through Washington College Savings Programs
This Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) webinar is designed to encourage financial institutions along with school districts, municipalities and community stakeholders to collaboratively develop products and implement programs to increase access to insured deposit accounts through the use of college savings programs in Washington State. The forum will highlight financial education initiatives as resources to foster a savings culture to improve the financial wellness of low income students and families. Featured topics will include the Guaranteed Education Tuition (GET) program and the DreamAhead College Investment Plan which support continuing education for high school graduates across the State of Washington.
- Jackie Ferrado, WA529 Community Relations Manager , Washington Student Achievement Council
- Lyn Peters, Dirctor of Communications, Financial Education & Outreach , Washington Department of Financial Institutions
- Tracy Godat, Executive Director , Financial Education Public Private Partnership
- Anthony Leahy, Executive Director , Consumer Education and Training Services
- Erwin Reeves, Community Affairs Specialist, FDIC
Thursday, January 28, 2021 from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM PT
Webinar, registration information below.
Who should attend:
Banks, asset building coalitions, financial coaches/counselors, educators, school administrators, public/private service providers and community based organizations interested in expanding the use of the college savings programs in the State of Washington.
To register online, click Register and fill out the needed information. You will receive a confirmation email once completed.
If you have any questions about the event, please email Erwin Reeves at firstname.lastname@example.org.