Bank Application Resources - Mergers
Provided below are resources that should be helpful for an institution considering or pursuing an application to merge with another insured institution or any uninsured entity. The resources include appropriate references to the Federal Deposit Insurance Act and the FDIC Rules and Regulations, along with links to relevant policy statements, guidance, and available forms.
Contact the appropriate FDIC Regional Office:
- For any questions or inquiries
- Prior to submitting an application that involves unique or unusual circumstances
Resources Specific to Merger Applications
Laws and Regulations
- Section 18(c) of the FDI Act - Merger Transactions
- Section 44 of the FDI Act - Interstate Bank Mergers
- Part 303 Subpart A of the FDIC's Rules and Regulations - Rules of General Applicability
- Part 303 Subpart D of the FDIC's Rules and Regulations - Merger Transactions
- Part 303 Subpart M; Section 303.251 of the FDIC's Rules and Regulations - Extensions of Time
- Part 303 Subpart M; Section 303.250 of the FDIC's Rules and Regulations - Modification of Conditions
- Statement of Policy - Merger Transactions
PDF Help - Information on downloading and using the PDF reader.