FDIC Hosts National Webinar on Tax Time Opportunities to Volunteer and Help Consumers #GetBanked
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) will host a webinar to promote opportunities to provide free tax assistance to low-and moderate-income households and to get more Americans banked during tax season. Banks and community-based organizations will learn about:
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) free tax preparation Programs;
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) Tax Time Savings (TTS) Cohort;
- Cities for Financial Empowerment Fund efforts to encourage the opening of affordable accounts through VITA programs; and
- FDIC #GetBanked resources.
These groups help consumers learn how to open a bank account to receive their tax refund through direct deposit. In addition, a local VITA organization/TTS Cohort member and their local bank partner will discuss their experience, benefits, and impact of their tax season collaborations.
- Donald Dill, Senior Tax Analyst, SPEC HQ – National Partnerships, IRS
- David Sieminski, Senior Policy Analyst, Office of Community Affairs, CFPB
- Anne Leland Clark, Financial Capability and Learning Director, Prepare + Prosper (TTS Cohort member)
- Jason Scott, Vice President Regional Relationship Banking Manager, Security Officer, Sunrise Banks
- Jon Baratta, Senior Associate, Cities for Financial Empowerment Fund
- Camron Doss, Chief, Strategic Partnerships and Program Development, FDIC
- Mia Sowell, Senior Community Affairs Specialist, FDIC
Thursday, January 20, 2022 from 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM ET
Webinar, registration information below.
Who should attend:
Banks, non-profit organizations, trade groups, and community-based organizations who have a direct interest in supporting organizations who work directly with low-and moderate-income (LMI) tax filers and/or increasing bank account access to LMI populations during tax season.
Event has past, registration is now closed.
If you have any questions about the event, please email Mia Sowell at email@example.com.