FDIC Hosts National Webinar on Tax Time Opportunities to Volunteer and Help Consumers #GetBanked
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) will host a webinar to promote opportunities to provide free tax assistance to low-and moderate-income households and to get more Americans banked during tax season. Banks and community-based organizations will learn about:
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) free tax preparation Programs;
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) Tax Time Savings (TTS) Cohort;
- Cities for Financial Empowerment Fund efforts to encourage the opening of affordable accounts through VITA programs; and
- FDIC #GetBanked resources.
These groups help consumers learn how to open a bank account to receive their tax refund through direct deposit. In addition, a local VITA organization/TTS Cohort member and their local bank partner will discuss their experience, benefits, and impact of their tax season collaborations.
- Donald Dill, Senior Tax Analyst, SPEC HQ – National Partnerships, IRS
- David Sieminski, Senior Policy Analyst, Office of Community Affairs, CFPB
- Anne Leland Clark, Financial Capability and Learning Director, Prepare + Prosper (TTS Cohort member)
- Jason Scott, Vice President Regional Relationship Banking Manager, Security Officer, Sunrise Banks
- Jon Baratta, Senior Associate, Cities for Financial Empowerment Fund
- Camron Doss, Chief, Strategic Partnerships and Program Development, FDIC
- Mia Sowell, Senior Community Affairs Specialist, FDIC
Thursday, January 20, 2022 from 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM ET
Webinar, registration information below.
Who should attend:
Banks, non-profit organizations, trade groups, and community-based organizations who have a direct interest in supporting organizations who work directly with low-and moderate-income (LMI) tax filers and/or increasing bank account access to LMI populations during tax season.
To register online, click Register and fill out the needed information. You will receive a confirmation email once completed.
If you have any questions about the event, please email Mia Sowell at email@example.com.