FDIC and HUD Host Webinar on Closing the Nation’s Homeownership Gap
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) and the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) will co-host a webinar during National Homeownership Month to discuss strategies on closing the homeownership gap in low- and moderate- income (LMI) and minority communities. LMI and minority communities face current challenges due to rising housing prices, as well as historic discriminatory policies, practices, and economic barriers that has widened the homeownership gap for future generations. During the webinar we will present a market overview and analysis of the national housing market, followed by a panel of experts within the mortgage industry to discuss research, programs, and strategies used to decrease barriers and increase homeownership opportunities in LMI and minority communities.
- Vanessa Perry, Associate Dean for Faculty and Research, the George Washington University School of Business
- Milan Griffin, Vice President of Marketing & Outreach, Home Free USA
- Loretta Williamson, SVP, Head of Mortgage Strategic Growth, Truist Bank
- David Berenbaum, Deputy Assistant Secretary for HUD Office of Housing Counseling, HUD
- Terry Carr, Senior Program Advisor, Office of Housing Counseling, HUD
- Ashley Emerson, Senior Community Affairs Specialist, FDIC
- Camron Doss, Chief of Strategic Partnerships and Program Development, FDIC
Wednesday, June 23, 2021 from 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM EDT
Webinar, registration information below.
Who should attend:
Financial Institutions, CDFIs, community-based organizations, state and local government agencies, housing counseling agencies and other stakeholders interested in closing the homeownership gap in low-and moderate-income and minority communities.
Event has past, registration is now closed.
If you have any questions about the event, please email Ashley Emerson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Strategies for Community Banks to Develop Partnerships with Community Development Financial Institutions
- Affordable Mortgage Lending Center
- Housing Counseling - HUD Exchange (hudexchange.info)
- Reducing the Racial Homeownership Gap- Urban Institute (urban.org)
- Biden Administration’s New Actions to Reduce Racial Wealth Gap (whitehouse.gov)