Limited English Proficiency - Products Available in Other Languages
- The FDIC Call Center telephone system provides automated choices for information in English or Spanish. The Call Center staff utilizes a multilingual telephone interpretation service for other languages.
- The FDIC has a Customer Assistance Form if you have a question regarding FDIC deposit insurance coverage, or an inquiry or a complaint regarding your financial institution.
Customer Assistance Form [En Español]
- The FDIC has a Business Assistance Form if you represent a business and have an inquiry or concern about a financial institution.
Business Assistance Form [En Español]
The FDIC recognizes the importance of providing consumers with useful information to help them make informed decisions about their money and to protect themselves against financial scams and fraud. You’ll find information here on specific banking topics that provides general information on the topic as well as links to other resources to learn more.
Consumer Assistance & Information [En Español]
The FDIC has recently updated all of its deposit insurance coverage-related materials to reflect regulatory changes resulting from the passage of financial reform legislation. Currently, these materials are available in English, Spanish, Korean, Chinese-Traditional, Chinese-Simplified, and Tagalog.
- Electronic Deposit Insurance Estimator (EDIE): EDIE lets consumers and bankers know, on a per-bank basis, how the insurance rules and limits apply to a depositor's specific group of deposit accounts — what's insured and what portion (if any) exceeds coverage limits at the bank. EDIE also allows the user to print the report for their records. Use EDIE-Online to calculate your FDIC insurance coverage.
EDIE - Online Version [En Español]
- Deposit Insurance at a Glance: This brochure provides a summary description of the rules for FDIC deposit insurance coverage of most account ownership categories used by bank depositors.
Deposit Insurance at a Glance [En Español]
- Your Insured Deposits: This brochure describes the rules for FDIC deposit insurance coverage of most account ownership categories used by bank depositors.
Your Insured Deposits (Comprehensive Guide) [En Español]
- Overview on Deposit Insurance Coverage Video: A brief video on how deposit insurance coverage works with specific emphasis on the most common ownership categories used by individuals and families.
Overview on Deposit Insurance Coverage Video [En Español]
- Prepaid Cards and Deposit Insurance Coverage: This information is intended to help consumers better understand FDIC deposit insurance coverage for prepaid cardholders.
Prepaid Cards and Deposit Insurance Coverage [En Español]
- Struggling with Your Mortgage Payment? This brochure explains how mortgage modification programs can help those at risk of foreclosure save their home.
Struggling with Your Mortgage Payment? [En Español]
- Beware of Foreclosure Rescue Scams: This brochure provides information on common scams, tips for detecting fraudulent deals, and resources for reporting criminal activity.
Beware of Foreclosure Rescue Scams. [En Español]
- The FDIC publishes its "Money Smart Financial Education Program" brochure and curriculum in CD-ROM format in Chinese, English, Hmong, Korean, Russian, Spanish, and Vietnamese. A version for the visually impaired is also available. The brochure describes the training program that is designed to help those outside the financial mainstream enhance their money management skills and create positive banking relationship.
Money Smart - A Financial Education Program [En Español]
- For a full list of information regarding deposit insurance, bank failures, and consumer resources can be obtained in Spanish on the FDIC's website by clicking the Español link or by contacting the FDIC Public Information Center at 1-877-275-3342.
The curriculum is available in CD-ROM format and the brochure is available in paper format. Both items may be obtained via:
FDIC Public Information Center
3501 Fairfax Drive, Room E-1023
Arlington, VA 22226
By fax: (703) 562-2296
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Online at: https://catalog.fdic.gov/