The FDIC Host Safe Banking for Vulnerable Populations in New Jersey
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) will host a virtual roundtable for financial institutions offering deposit accounts meeting the Cities for Financial Empowerment Fund National Account Standards for vulnerable populations. Experts will discuss the unique challenges vulnerable populations face when accessing banking services. The event will also present an opportunity for financial institutions to assist this population on their journey to financial independence through the provision of safe and responsible deposit accounts.
- Cierra Hart, Director of Housing and Economic Justice, New Jersey Department of Community Affairs
- David Rothstein, Senior Principal, Cities for Financial Empowerment Fund
- Hey Sun Kim, Systems Change Program Specialist, FreeFrom
- Darnell Sutton, Community Affairs Specialist, FDIC
Thursday, November 10, 2022 from 2:00 PM to 3:15 PM ET
Webinar, Webex, registration information below.
Who should attend:
Financial institutions, non-profit organizations, and other stakeholders interested in the provision of safe and responsible banking services for vulnerable populations.
To register online, click Register and fill out the needed information. You will receive a confirmation email once completed.
If you have any questions about the event, please email Darnell Sutton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FreeFrom's Survivor Safety Banking Guidelines - PDF (custom.cvent.com)