Formal and Informal Enforcement Actions Manual
This manual provides direction for professional staff related to the work necessary to pursue formal and informal enforcement actions. The public release of the manual is intended to provide the banking industry and any other interested parties with transparency and clarity regarding the FDIC’s enforcement action program.
Note: All documents are PDF.
PDF Help - Information on downloading and using the PDF reader.
- Chapter 1 – Overview and Administrative Matters
- Chapter 2 – Informal Actions
- Chapter 3 – Unsafe or Unsound Practices and Conditions / Distinguishing Between Laws, Regulations, and Guidance
- Chapter 4 – Cease-and-Desist Actions
- Chapter 5 – Prompt Corrective Action
- Chapter 6 – Removal, Prohibition, and Suspension Actions
- Chapter 7 – Termination of Deposit Insurance
- Chapter 8 – Comparison of Prompt Corrective Actions and Section 8 Actions
- Chapter 9 – Restitution and Civil Money Penalties
- Chapter 10 – Section 39 Actions
- Chapter 11 – Formal Investigations