Crisis and Response: An FDIC History, 2008–2013
Crisis and Response: An FDIC History, 2008–2013 reviews the experience of the FDIC during a period in which the agency was confronted with two interconnected and overlapping crises—first, the financial crisis in 2008 and 2009, and second, a banking crisis that began in 2008 and continued until 2013. The history examines the FDIC’s response, contributes to an understanding of what occurred, and shares lessons from the agency’s experience.
Some items are PDF files. See PDF Help for assistance.
All podcasts are available on: Apple Podcast Google Play Spotify
Table of Contents
Podcast Episode 1 - Audio Transcript
Part 1: Financial Crisis and Response
- Chapter 1 - Origins of the Crisis
Podcast Episode 2 - Audio Transcript
- Chapter 2 - The Temporary Liquidity Guarantee Program: A Systemwide Systemic Risk Exception
Podcast Episode 3 - Audio Transcript
- Chapter 3 - Use of Systemic Risk Exceptions to Provide Assistance to Individual Institutions during the Financial Crisis
Podcast Episode 4 - Audio Transcript
Part 2: Banking Crisis and Response
- Chapter 4 - Bank Supervision
Podcast Episode 5 - Audio Transcript
- Chapter 5 - Deposit Insurance: Fund Management and Risk-Based Deposit Insurance Assessments
Podcast Episode 6 - Audio Transcript
- Chapter 6 - Bank Resolutions and Receiverships
Podcast Episode 7 - Audio Transcript
Complete Book - PDF Version
Complete Book - eBook Version
Complete Book - Kindle Version
Recommended citation: Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). 2017. Crisis and Response: An FDIC History, 2008–2013. Washington, DC: FDIC. If preferred, individual chapters may be cited under the name of the author(s), found on page viii.
To order a hard copy of Crisis and Response please visit the Online Catalog at https://catalog.fdic.gov/crisis-and-response-fdic-history-2008-2013.