Historical Deposit Insurance Fund and Assessment Reference Materials
Information on Assessments
Legislation affecting the Deposit Insurance Fund
- Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010
- Federal Deposit Insurance Reform Act of 2005 - Reforms related to risk-based assessments and management of the Deposit Insurance Fund (DIF).
Recent Staff Papers and Publications
- “Options for Deposit Insurance Reform" (2023).
- “A History of Risk-Based Premiums at the FDIC,” FDIC Staff Studies Report No. 2020-01 (2020).
- Crisis and Response: An FDIC History, 2008-2013, Chapter 5 (2017), “Deposit Insurance: Fund Management and Risk-Based Deposit Insurance Assessments.”
- Deposit Insurance Funding: Assuring Confidence (2013).
- Toward A Long-Term Strategy for Deposit Insurance Fund Management, FDIC Quarterly, Vol 4, No. 4. (2010).