Historical Deposit Insurance Fund and Assessment Reference Materials
- Federal Deposit Insurance Reform Act of 2005 - Reforms related to risk-based assessments and management of the Deposit Insurance Fund (DIF).
- Historical Assessment Rate Schedules - Current and historical assessment rates.
- Risk-Based Assessments Before 2007 - Reports recommending deposit insurance assessment rates through 2007, including FICO rates.
- A History of Deposit Insurance - Historical materials related to deposit insurance.
- Deposit Insurance Fund Management - Summary of Dodd-Frank Act requirements affecting the reserve ratio, as well as historical designated reserve ratios (DRRs) and actions the FDIC Board has taken pursuant to management of the DIF.
- Final Rule - Designated Reserve Ratio - PDF- Describes the comprehensive, long-range management plan for the DIF and sets the DRR at 2.0 percent.
Recent Staff Papers and Publications
- “A History of Risk-Based Premiums at the FDIC,” FDIC Staff Studies Report No. 2020-01 (2020).
- Crisis and Response: An FDIC History, 2008-2013, Chapter 5 (2017), “Deposit Insurance: Fund Management and Risk-Based Deposit Insurance Assessments.”
- Deposit Insurance Funding: Assuring Confidence (2013).
- Toward A Long-Term Strategy for Deposit Insurance Fund Management, FDIC Quarterly, Vol 4, No. 4. (2010).