The FDIC has consolidated a number of resources relating to Regulatory Capital. This webpage will allow users to:
- Review the regulatory capital rules that govern the capital adequacy of FDIC-supervised depository institutions.
- Browse recent news and press releases, financial institution letters, notices of proposed rulemaking, final rules, and related documents from the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision.
On September 27, 2017, the FDIC Board of Directors approved a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking that would simplify aspects of the generally applicable capital rules related to the treatment of acquisition, development or construction (ADC) loans, items subject to threshold deduction, and minority interests includable in regulatory capital, and would make a number of technical corrections.
The FDIC has created the below resources to help explain the proposal.
- Regulatory Capital Rule: Simplification to the Capital Rule Pursuant to the Economic Growth and Regulatory Paperwork Reduction Act of 1996 – PDF
- Community Bank Summary - PDF
- Capital Simplification NPR Estimator Tool (23mb) - Excel
PDF Help - Information on downloading and using the PDF reader.
Excel Help - The Capital Simplification NPR estimator tool is supported by Microsoft® Excel 2010 and later versions. On October 10, 2017, Microsoft® will no longer support Excel 2007 or older versions and it is the FDIC’s expectation that banks will not be using unsupported versions of the product.