Applications for Deposit Insurance
The FDIC is committed to working with groups interested in organizing a de novo institution. New institutions with sound business plans, experienced leadership at the board and management levels, and appropriate capital support can play a vital role in serving the deposit and credit needs of their communities.
This page provides access to the information and resources important to the application process. Applying for Deposit Insurance – A Handbook for Organizers of De Novo Institutions, in particular, provides a practical and plain language guide to help organizers navigate the application process and successfully form a de novo institution.
In addition to the handbook, this page provides access to applicable laws and regulations, guidance, application forms specific to deposit insurance applications, and other important resources, including supervisory manuals.
- FDIC Statement of Policy on Applications for Deposit Insurance (SOP)
- FDIC Supervisory Insights, Summer 2016 - De Novo Banks: Economic Trends and Supervisory Framework
- FIL-82-2018: Review Process for Draft Deposit Insurance Proposals
- Applying for Deposit Insurance – A Handbook for Organizers of De Novo Institutions
- Deposit Insurance Applications – Procedures Manual
PDF Help - Information on downloading and using the PDF reader.