FDIC Bank Resolution Experience (BRE) Training Program
FDIC is soliciting interest for the 2020 session of the FDIC’s Bank Resolution Experience (BRE).
One session of BRE will be offered in 2020, from September 15 - 24, 2020 in Dallas, Texas. CANCELLED
The deadline to apply is July 1, 2020.
BRE is a two-week program designed to provide an operational overview of the FDIC’s bank resolution processes in a format tailored for an international audience. FDIC experts will use lectures, exercises, and panel speakers to discuss:
- How the FDIC anticipates and plans for potential bank failures.
- The successful execution of a variety of resolution tools, including payouts, bridge banks, and purchase & assumption.
- Post-failure activity, including asset sales, management, and professional liability investigations.
- The FDIC’s role in resolution planning for systemically important financial institutions.
BRE does not intend to teach international best practices; FDIC experts will only present the FDIC’s approach. By the end of the program, participants should be able to compare what they have learned with their own experiences to determine which lessons may be most applicable to their organizations.
BRE is designed for staff experts with a responsibility for implementing or designing bank resolution activities.
Participants should have at least five years of experience in the financial sector.
Applicants will be asked to provide information to verify that they meet the prerequisite experience.
Translation services will not be offered. Students should have a strong command of English to maximize their comprehension of the program.
Space in the program is limited.
- Use the online FDIC International Training Application Form to apply to attend. The form is due no later than July 1, 2020.
- FDIC will confirm accepted participants by August 1, 2020, and may offer organizations an opportunity to register additional candidates.
- Application acceptance will be followed by a fee invoice with instructions on how to remit payment and the cancellation policy.
The fee to attend BRE is USD $1000.
The organization’s designated point of contact will be sent an invoice by email before the session. The invoice is payable by wire transfer, credit card, or cash.
Location of Training
BRE will be held at the FDIC’s offices in Dallas, Texas located at:
1601 Bryan St,
Dallas, TX 75201
Sample program schedule. Please note the session will begin on Monday morning at 9:00 a.m. local time and end on Thursday afternoon 2020 at 3:00 p.m.