FDIC Community Bank Initiative Resources: Information Package
In 2014, the FDIC sent an information package to all FDIC-supervised institutions. The information package contained resources and products developed as part of the FDIC’s Community Banking Initiative as well as documents describing our examination processes. This website provides electronic copies of all the materials included in the information package.
- Letter to the CEO
- Directors’ Resource Center Brochure: The brochure summarizes the types of information available through the FDIC’s Directors’ Resource Center website.
- Supervisory Insights article, “The Risk Management Examination and Your Community Bank:” This article presents an overview of the examination and supervisory process, and suggests ways to enhance communication between bankers and supervisors.
- FDIC Office of the Ombudsman – A Resource for the Banking Community Brochure: The brochure provides contact information and describes services provided by the Ombudsman’s Office.
- Supervision Appeals Review Committee Brochure: The brochure details the process for institutions to follow if they disagree with material supervisory determinations made by the FDIC at FDIC-supervised financial institutions.
- Technical Assistance for Managing Consumer Compliance Responsibilities Brochure: The brochure describes the ways the FDIC can support an institution’s efforts to maintain an effective program to comply with federal consumer protection laws.
- Financial Institution Letter-13-2011, “Reminder on FDIC Examination Findings:” The guidance encourages financial institutions to provide feedback about supervisory processes.
- Cyber Challenge: A Community Bank Cyber Exercise: The Cyber Challenge provides institutions with the materials necessary to conduct short exercises or facilitated discussions around four operational risk-related scenarios.
- List of the FDIC’s Regional Offices, including addresses and areas of responsibilites.