Continuing IT Training Program
Risk Management of Payment Systems
Program OverviewThis course will provide training on more advanced topics related to ACH and other payments systems (e.g. Checks; Cards; Fedwire, CHIPS, and SWIFT; Mobiles services; Virtual currencies). This course will also assist examiners to understand the connection between the individual payment mechanisms and current exam protocols and FDIC guidance. Upon completion of this course, attendees will have a stronger knowledge of payment systems risk.
Key ObjectivesUpon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Determine the roles of participants in ACH transactions
- Use techniques and tools for identifying problems (reports, policies, audits)
- Identify and handle major payment issues
- Understand more thoroughly topics related to Checks, Cards, Fedwire, CHIPS, SWIFT, Mobile Financial Services, and Virtual Currencies.
- Identify issues that should be raised with other examination areas
Instructional FormatFacilitated classroom discussion and lectures.
DurationTo be determined, but not to exceed 4.5 days
Intermediate and Advanced IT examiners who have taken at least the required basic IT courses Information Technology Examination Course, which includes basic level ACH and payment systems, Risk Assessment, Business Continuity Planning, and Auditing, and Introduction to Security).
This course is open to appropriate staff of the FDIC and partner government regulatory agencies.
This course is not open to the public or staff of private banks.
PrerequisitesParticipant should have attended ITEC and/or ACH (102).
Post Course FeedbackNone.
For more information concerning course content or course administration contact Kayt Shipley, (703) 516-5071.