Continuing IT Training Program
Risk Management of Payment Systems
Program OverviewThis course will provide training on more advanced topics related to ACH and other payments systems (e.g. Checks; Cards; Fedwire, CHIPS, and SWIFT; Mobiles services; Virtual currencies). This course will also assist examiners to understand the connection between the individual payment mechanisms and current exam protocols and FDIC guidance. Upon completion of this course, attendees will have a stronger knowledge of payment systems risk.
Key ObjectivesThis course will cover:
- The roles of participants in ACH transactions;
- Techniques and tools for identifying problems (reports, policies, audits);
- How to identify and handle major payment issues;
- Topics related to Checks, Cards, Fedwire, CHIPS, SWIFT, Mobile Financial Services, and Virtual Currencies; and
- Issues that should be raised with other examination areas.
Instructional FormatFacilitated classroom discussion and lectures
DurationFour and one-half days
Intermediate and Advanced IT examiners who have taken at least the required basic IT courses (Information Technology Examination Course, which includes basic level ACH and payment systems, Risk Assessment, Business Continuity Planning, and Auditing, and Introduction to Security).
This course is open to appropriate staff of the FDIC and partner government regulatory agencies.
This course is not open to the public or staff of private banks.
PrerequisitesParticipant should have attended ITEC and/or ACH and Payment Systems Risk Management (102).
Post Course FeedbackNone
For more information concerning course content or course administration contact Kathryn Shipley, (703) 516-5071.