WASHINGTON – The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) today announced three new members of the agency's Minority Depository Institutions (MDI) Subcommittee to the Advisory Committee on Community Banking:
- Claude (Jeff) J. Bowman, President and CEO, Bay Bank, Green Bay, Wisconsin
- B. Doyle Mitchell, President and CEO, Industrial Bank, Washington, District of Columbia
- Farid Tan, President and CEO, Metro City Bank, Doraville, Georgia
The FDIC’s MDI Subcommittee serves as a source of feedback for FDIC strategies to fulfill its statutory goals for MDIs; provides a platform for MDIs to promote collaboration, partnerships, and best practices; and identifies ways to highlight the work of MDIs in their communities.
On May 31, 2023, the MDI Subcommittee will meet in open session to share insights into key challenges and opportunities facing their communities and financial institutions in addition to spotlighting private funds that support MDIs: the MDI Keepers Fund, Black Economic Development Fund, and Mission-Driven Bank Fund.
The new members join the following members on the MDI Subcommittee:
- Deron Burr, President & CEO, People’s Bank of Seneca, Seneca, Missouri
- Warren Huang, General Counsel, Amerasia Bank, Flushing, New York
- Russell Lau, Chairman and CEO, Finance Factors, Ltd., Honolulu, Hawaii
- Alden J. McDonald Jr., President & CEO, Liberty Bank & Trust Co., New Orleans, Louisiana
- Gilbert Narvaez Jr., President & CEO, Falcon International Bank, Laredo, Texas
- Angel Reyes, President & CEO, Centinel Bank of Taos, Taos, New Mexico
View the webcast of the public portion of the MDI Subcommittee meeting at 1:00 p.m. EDT on May 31, 2023. The open portion of this meeting will be available on-demand approximately two weeks after the event. View archived meetings here.