- Any participating entity that has issued any FDIC- guaranteed debt during the period from October 14, 2008, through December 5, 2008, which is still outstanding on December 5, 2008, must register that issuance via the FDIC's e-business Web site - FDICconnect - on or before December 19, 2008.
- Any participating entity that issues any FDIC- guaranteed debt after December 5, 2008, must register that issuance via FDICconnect within five calendar days of the date of issuance.
- On Wednesday, December 17, 2008, the FDIC will automatically generate the first TLG Program assessment invoices for any registered debt and will make those invoices available weekly to those entities via FDICconnect.
- The first collection of TLG Program assessments will settle on Friday, December 19, 2008. Therefore, entities must ensure that funds in an amount at least equal to the amount of the assessment are available in the designated deposit account on that date for ACH direct debit by the FDIC (the same account used for collection of the quarterly deposit insurance premiums).
- Failure to take all necessary action or to provide funding to allow the FDIC to debit assessments shall be deemed to constitute nonpayment of the assessment and such failure will be subject to civil money penalties.
- Participating entities that have elected to issue long- term nonguaranteed debt must pay the FDIC a nonrefundable fee. That fee will be collected in six equal monthly installments with the first collection on Friday, December 19, 2008. These entities will receive the first TLG Program assessment invoice via FDICconnect on Wednesday, December 17, 2008.
All FDIC-Insured Institutions
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Financial Officer
Guidance on Debt Instrument Reporting Requirements
Guaranteed Debt Reporting Instructions
Reporting and invoicing questions: Assessments,
Division of Finance, at email@example.com or (800)
FDICconnect technical issues: FDICconnect Helpdesk
at firstname.lastname@example.org or (877) 275-3342 and select
Option 5 on the Banker's menu
FIL-139-2008 - PDF (PDF Help)
FDIC financial institution letters (FILs) may be accessed
from the FDIC's Web site at
To receive FILs electronically, please visit
Paper copies of FDIC financial institution letters may be
obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center,
3501 Fairfax Drive, E-1002, Arlington, VA 22226 (1-877-
275-3342 or 703-562-2200).