Among the significant activities and accomplishments reported in this edition of the FDIC's Letter to Stakeholders are the following:
Your feedback to the Letter to Stakeholders is encouraged, as are suggestions for improvement.
For more information, visit the FDIC's Web site at
- The FDIC received its sixteenth consecutive set of unqualified audit opinions on the financial statements for the Deposit Insurance Fund (DIF) and the FSLIC Resolution Fund.
- The DIF earned assessment income of $643 million in 2007. The FDIC estimates assessment income earned of $448 million in the first quarter of 2008.
- During the first quarter of 2008, DIF's contingent liability for anticipated failures increased by $459 million to $583 million at quarter end.
- The FDIC's Advisory Committee on Economic Inclusion convened to discuss asset-building opportunities for individuals and banks.
- The FDIC issued a Financial Institution Letter on Managing Commercial Real Estate Concentrations in a Challenging Environment (FIL-22-2008).
Chief Executive Officer
FDIC Key Indices
Letter to Stakeholders
Senior Accountant Karen Flynn at email@example.com
or (703) 562-6188
FIL-36-2008 (PDF Help)
FDIC financial institution letters (FILs) may be
accessed from the FDIC's Web site at
To receive FILs electronically, please visit
Paper copies of FDIC financial institution letters
may be obtained through the FDIC's Public
Information Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, E-1002,
Arlington, VA 22226 (1-877-275-3342 or 703-562-