Among the significant activities and accomplishments
reported in this edition of the FDIC's Letter to Stakeholders
are the following:
Your feedback to the Letter to Stakeholders is encouraged,
as are suggestions for improvement. For more information,
visit the FDIC's Web site at www.fdic.gov.
- FDIC-insured commercial banks and savings institutions reported net income of $36.7 billion in the second quarter of 2007.
- The Deposit Insurance Fund (DIF) balance increased by $482 million (0.9 percent), bringing the fund balance to $51.2 billion at the end of the second quarter.
- The federal financial regulatory agencies and the Conference of State Bank Supervisors issued the Statement on Loss Mitigation Strategies for Servicers of Residential Mortgages.
- The FDIC - working through its new Alliance for Economic Inclusion initiative - and the NeighborWorks® Center for Foreclosure Solutions have partnered to promote foreclosure-prevention strategies for consumers at risk of foreclosure from subprime and nontraditional mortgage lending.
- The FDIC and the Peoples' Bank of China signed a Memorandum of Understanding, forging an international working relationship to develop and expand methods of interaction on economic and financial issues.
Chief Executive Officer
FDIC Key Indices
Letter to Stakeholders
Senior Accountant Karen Flynn at email@example.com
or (703) 562-6188
FIL-91-2007 - PDF (PDF Help)
FDIC financial institution letters (FILs) may be
accessed from the FDIC's Web site at
To receive FILs electronically, please visit
Paper copies of FDIC financial institution letters
may be obtained through the FDIC's Public
Information Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, E-1002,
Arlington, VA 22226 (1-877-275-3342 or 703-562-