- FDIC will make deposit insurance assessment invoices for the first quarter 2007 available by June 15, 2007. Assessment rates for most institutions will vary between 5 and 7 basis points annually. Many institutions will have enough assessment credits to offset all of their deposit insurance bills for 2007.
- FDIC issued, along with other federal banking agencies, a proposed Statement on Subprime Lending to clarify the agencies' expectations on underwriting and marketing subprime mortgage products, especially subprime hybrid ARMS.
- The Board extended a moratorium on deposit insurance applications and change-in-control notices for industrial banks that would be controlled by non- financial companies. The Board issued a proposed rule to enhance transparency and controls for industrial banks that become subsidiaries of financial companies that are not subject to consolidated federal bank supervision.
- FDIC outlined a proposal before the FDIC Advisory Committee on Economic Inclusion to create a two- year pilot project for banks to establish Affordable Small-Dollar Lending programs to serve the unbanked and underserved population.
- FDIC's Quarterly Banking Profile stated the industry reported net income of $145.7 billion in 2006, marking the sixth consecutive year of record earnings. Net income in 2005 was $133.9 billion.
- Your feedback to the Letter to Stakeholders is encouraged, as are suggestions for improvement. For more information, visit the FDIC's Web site at www.fdic.gov.
Chief Executive Officer
FDIC Key Indices
Letter to Stakeholders
Senior Accountant Karen Flynn at firstname.lastname@example.org
FIL-38-2007 - PDF 42k (PDF Help)
FDIC financial institution letters (FILs) may be
accessed from the FDIC's Web site at
To receive FILs electronically, please visit
Paper copies of FDIC financial institution letters
may be obtained through the FDIC's Public
Information Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, E-1002,
Arlington, VA 22226 (1-877-275-3342 or 703-562-