- The FFIEC has released the 2006 version of the BSA/AML Examination Manual.
- The revised manual reflects the ongoing commitment of the federal banking agencies and the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) to provide current and consistent guidance on risk-based policies, procedures and processes for banking organizations to comply with the BSA and safeguard operations from money laundering and terrorist financing.
- The manual has been updated to further clarify supervisory expectations and incorporate regulatory changes since the manual's 2005 release. The revisions also reflect feedback from the banking industry and examination staff.
- New and revised sections are identified in the manual's table of contents by a 2006 revision date.
- Attached is an interagency transmittal letter that provides an overview of the revised manual.
FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)
Chief Executive Officer
BSA Compliance Officer
Bank Secrecy Act
Interagency Transmittal Letter - PDF 40k (PDF Help)
Senior Program Analyst Charles W. Collier at SASFIL@FDIC.gov or (202) 898-3673
FIL-71-2006 - PDF 36k (PDF Help)
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's Web site at www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2006/index.html.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit http://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies of FDIC FILs may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center (1-877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).