Inactive Financial Institution Letters
|Office of Foreign Assets Control
Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons
February 16, 2006
||The Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control has added several entries to its list of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons.
- On February 7, 2006, President Bush issued a new Executive Order declaring a national emergency to deal with the unusual and extraordinary threat to the foreign policy of the United States posed by the conflict in Côte d'Ivoire. As a result of this action, the Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) added three entries to its list of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons.
- The new entries are: (1) BLE GOUDE, Charles, 23 BP 3383, Abidjan 23, Cote d'Ivoire; DOB 1 Jan 1972; POB Guiberoua, Cote d'Ivoire; Passport PDAE088DH12 (Cote d'Ivoire); Head of "Young Patriots" (Congres Panafricain des Jeunes Patriotes, COJEP) (individual) [COTED]; (2) DJUE, Eugene Ngoran Kouadio; DOB 20 Dec 1969; alt. DOB 1 Jan 1966; POB Akakro, Cote d'Ivoire; Leader of Union for the Total Liberation of Cote d'Ivoire (Union pour la Liberation Totale de la Cote d'Ivoire, UPLTCI) (individual) [COTED]; and (3) FOFIE, Martin Kouakou; DOB 1 Jan 1968; "New Forces" (Forces Nouvelles) Zone Commander in Korhogo (individual) [COTED].
- OFAC has also added additional entries to the Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons list. The new entries are attached.
- OFAC has asked that we distribute the information to all FDIC-supervised institutions so records can be checked for accounts that are required to be blocked.
- OFAC information also may be found on the Internet at http://www.treas.gov/offices/enforcement/ofac.
Please distribute this information to the appropriate personnel in your institution.
For further information about Executive Orders, the list of blocked accounts or the procedures to block accounts, please call OFAC's Compliance Programs Division at 1-800-540-6322.
FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)
Chief Executive Officer
BSA Compliance Officer
Office of Foreign Assets Control
Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons list
Review Examiner Debra L. Novak at
SASFIL@FDIC.gov or (202) 898-3673
FIL-16-2006 - PDF 55k (PDF Help)
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's Web site at www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2006/index.html
To receive FILs electronically, please visit http://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies of FDIC FILs may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center (1-877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).