- The federal banking and thrift regulatory agencies are looking for burden-reducing recommendations in rules relating to Prompt Corrective Action and the Disclosure and Reporting of CRA-Related Agreements.
- This request is part of the agencies' effort to identify and eliminate regulatory requirements that are outdated, unnecessary or unduly burdensome pursuant to the Economic Growth and Regulatory Paperwork Reduction Act of 1996 (EGRPRA).
- Comments are due by April 4, 2006
- This is the last request for comment on categories of regulations in the first 10-year cycle of regulatory review under EGRPRA.
- Comments may be submitted directly to the agencies on the EGRPRA Web site at www.EGRPRA.gov.
- For more information about this request, please refer to the attached Federal Register notice. For more information about the EGRPRA project generally, including comments we have already received, visit the EGRPRA Web site at www.EGRPRA.gov.
FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)
Chief Executive Officer
Community Reinvestment Act
Federal Register notice - PDF 72k (PDF Help)
Karen Jones Currie, Examination Specialist, Division of Supervision and Consumer Protection, (202) 898-3981, or Susan van den Toorn, Counsel, Legal Division, (202) 898-8707
FIL-3-2006 - PDF 37k (PDF Help)
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's Web site at www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2006/index.html.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit http://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies of FDIC FILs may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center, 801 17th Street, NW, Room 100, Washington, DC 20434 (1-877-275-3342 or (703) 562-2200).