- The federal banking and thrift regulatory agencies are asking for burden-reducing recommendations for 28 regulations concerning Banking Operations; Directors, Officers and Employees; and Rules of Procedure.
- Comments are due by November 9, 2005.
- This request is part of the agencies effort to identify and eliminate regulatory requirements that are outdated, unnecessary or unduly burdensome pursuant to the Economic Growth and Regulatory Paperwork Reduction Act of 1996 (EGRPRA).
- Comments may be submitted directly to the agencies on the EGRPRA Web site at www.EGRPRA.gov.
- For more information about this request, please refer to the attached Federal Register notice. For more information about the EGRPRA project in general, including comments we have already received, visit the EGRPRA Web site at www.EGRPRA.gov.
FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)
Chief Executive Officer
Banking Operations; Directors, Officers and Employees; and Rules of Procedure
Federal Register notice - PDF 445k (PDF Help)
Claude A. Rollin, Program Manager, EGRPRA, 202-898-8741
FIL-82-2005 - PDF 29k (PDF Help)
FDIC financial institution letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's Web site at www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2005/index.html..
To receive FILs electronically, please visit http://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies of FDIC FILs may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center, 801 17th Street, NW, Room 100, Washington, DC 20434 (1-877-275-3342 or (703) 562-2200).