Inactive Financial Institution Letters
|Office of Foreign Assets Control
Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons
May 20, 2005
||The Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control has added one entry to
its list of Specially Designated Global Terrorists and Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons.
- On May 4, 2005, the Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) added one entry to its list of Specially Designated Global Terrorists and Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons (SDNs).
- The new entry is: ELEHSSAN (a.k.a. AL-AHSAN CHARITABLE ORGANIZATION; a.k.a. AL-BAR AND AL-IHSAN SOCIETIES; a.k.a. AL-BAR AND AL-IHSAN SOCIETY; a.k.a. AL-BIR AND AL-IHSAN ORGANIZATION; a.k.a. AL-BIRR WA AL-IHSAN CHARITY ASSOCIATION; a.k.a. AL-BIRR WA AL-IHSAN WA AL-NAQA; a.k.a. AL-IHSAN CHARITABLE SOCIETY; a.k.a. BIR WA ELEHSSAN SOCIETY; a.k.a. BIRR AND ELEHSSAN SOCIETY; a.k.a. ELEHSSAN SOCIETY; a.k.a. ELEHSSAN SOCIETY AND BIRR; a.k.a. ELEHSSAN SOCIETY WA BIRR; a.k.a. IHSAN CHARITY; a.k.a. JAMI'A AL-AHSAN AL-KHAYRIYYAH; a.k.a. THE BENEVOLENT CHARITABLE ORGANIZATION), Bethlehem, West Bank, Palestinian; AL-MUZANNAR ST, AL-NASIR AREA, Gaza City, Gaza, Palestinian; Jenin, West Bank, Palestinian; Ramallah, West Bank, Palestinian; Tulkarm, West Bank, Palestinian; Lebanon; P.O. BOX 398, Hebron, West Bank, Palestinian [SDGT]
- OFAC has asked that we distribute the information to all FDIC-supervised institutions so records can be checked for accounts that are required to be blocked.
- OFAC information also may be found on the Internet at http://www.treas.gov/offices/enforcement/ofac/.
- Please distribute this information to the appropriate personnel in your institution.
- For further information about Executive Orders, the list of blocked accounts or the procedures to block accounts, please call OFAC's Compliance Programs Division at
FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)
Chief Executive Officer
BSA Compliance Officer
Office of Foreign Assets Control
Senior Financial Analyst, Debra L. Novak at SASFIL@FDIC.gov or (202) 898-3673.
FIL-42-2005 - PDF 44k (PDF Help)
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's Web site at www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2005/index.html.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit http://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies of FDIC FILs may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center, 801 17th Street, NW, Room 100, Washington, DC 20434 (1-877-275-3342 or (703) 562-2200).