- On November 3, 2005, the FFIEC updated the BSA/AML Examination InfoBase, which is located on its Web site.
- The InfoBase is an automated tool for examiners and the banking industry that provides information on the FFIEC BSA/AML Examination Manual, released on June 30, 2005. The InfoBase also helps examiners and the industry to more easily use and navigate the Manual.
- Updates to the InfoBase include newly published questions and answers from the August 2005 BSA/AML Examination Manual Outreach events and a user-friendly bookmarked version of the Manual.
- In addition to featuring the Manual, the InfoBase includes links to other resources that may be helpful in understanding BSA/AML requirements and examination expectations.
- The FFIEC and its five federal banking agency members - the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the National Credit Union Administration, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, and Office of Thrift Supervision - and the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) collaborated on the development of the InfoBase.
- Please distribute this information to the appropriate personnel in your institution.
FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)
Chief Executive Officer
BSA Compliance Officer
Bank Secrecy Act
Office of Foreign Assets Control
Review Examiner Heather Basnett at
SASFIL@FDIC.gov or (202) 898-3673
FIL-111-2005 - PDF 31k (PDF Help)
FDIC financial institution letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's Web site at www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2005/index.html.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit http://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies of FDIC financial institution letters may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center, 801 17th Street, NW, Room 100, Washington, DC 20434 (1-877-275-3342 or (703) 562-2200).