WEB SITE SECURITY RESOURCES AS OF OCTOBER 2000
These sites are listed to alert you to the availability of the services that these and similar sites offer. The listing of these representative sites does not constitute the FDICís endorsement or recommendation of the sites or reflect on any sites not listed. The FDIC has not evaluated the sites listed. If you elect to use any such Web site, you should do so only after careful, independent evaluation of the services it offers. The FDIC expressly disclaims any liability arising out of the use of such services.
- www.cerias.purdue.edu- Center for Education and Research in Information Assurance and Security, sponsored by Purdue University; free online seminars and access to research papers.
- www.cert.org- Computer Emergency Response Team at Carnegie Mellon University; analyzes product vulnerabilities and provides available patches or "fixes."
- www.icsa.net- International Computer Security Association; conducts research, testing and certification programs for computer systems, provides information on current industry events, security vulnerabilities, and technical papers.
- www.us-cert.gov - US-CERT is a partnership between the Department of Homeland Security and the public and private sectors. Established to protect the nation's Internet infrastructure, US-CERT coordinates defense against and responses to cyber attacks across the nation.
- www.sans.org- System Administration, Networking and Security Institute; general computer security site, provides security alerts to subscribers.