Financial Institution Letters
March 26, 2020
Temporary Alternative Procedures for Sending Supervision-Related Mail and Email to the FDIC
During this period of national emergency, the FDIC is encouraging financial institutions and other parties to use alternative procedures to send the agency official mail related to supervisory matters and to use secure email to send official supervisory correspondence.
Statement of Applicability to Institutions with Total Assets under $1 Billion: This Financial Institution Letter (FIL) applies to all FDIC-supervised institutions.
- To ensure that communications are as timely as possible during this period of national emergency, the FDIC has established temporary measures for financial institutions and other parties electronically submitting mail and email for official business purposes related to supervisory matters.
- During this period of national emergency, the FDIC will use its Secure Email portal to send outgoing official supervisory correspondence.
- Any parties that would normally send hardcopy mail for official business purposes related to supervisory matters to an FDIC facility are encouraged to instead send an electronic communication through the FDIC's Secure Email portal or Enterprise File Exchange within FDICconnect.
- The attached statement provides guidance about how to send information to the FDIC in a safe and secure manner using the FDIC's Secure Email portal.
- Many institutions already use this method of communication.
- FDIC-Supervised Institutions
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Credit Officer
- Board of Directors
- Announcing FDICconnect's Enterprise File Exchange (EFX) FIL-63-2019
- Three New FDICconnect Business Transactions Available FIL-5-2013
- Three New FDICconnect Business Transactions Available FIL 58-2005
- Seven New FDICconnect Business Transactions Available FIL 135-2004
- FDIC Introduces Electronic Submission of Branch Applications Through FDICconnect FIL 96-2003
- John Vogel, Deputy Director, (202) 898-6808 or JoVogel@fdic.gov
- Katrice Yokley, Assistant to the Director, (202) 898-3730 or KYokley@fdic.gov
Paper copies of FDIC FILs may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, E-1002, Arlington, VA 22226 (877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).