Financial Institution Letters
March 23, 2020
Request for 2019 Diversity Self-Assessments from FDIC-Regulated Financial Institutions
The FDIC's Office of Minority and Women Inclusion (OMWI) is requesting diversity self-assessments from FDIC-regulated financial institutions for 2019 in accordance with Section 342 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010.
Statement of Applicability to Institutions with Total Assets under $1 Billion: This Financial Institution Letter (FIL) provides information to all FDIC-regulated financial institutions having 100 or more employees.
- The FDIC's Financial Institution Diversity program is responsible for assessing the diversity policies and practices of its regulated financial institutions per the Standards identified in the Interagency Policy Statement Establishing Joint Standards for Assessing the Diversity Policies and Practices of Entities Regulated by the Agencies (Policy Statement).
- The instrument for financial institutions to perform diversity self-assessment has been automated for FDIC-regulated financial institutions. The Financial Institution Diversity – Self Assessment (FID-SA) application is accessible through FDICconnect. Contact your FDICconnect Coordinator to obtain access. If you do not know who the Coordinator for your institution is, you may email FDICconnect@fdic.gov.
- This automated format provides your financial institution with the ease and efficiency to: (a) complete the diversity self-assessment electronically with multiple authorized users, (b) view previous submissions, (c) attach supporting material, and (d) print and save in pdf format.
- Additional resources for the new automated FID-SA self-assessment instrument, such as the FID-SA user guide, key facts sheet, and video tutorial are available on the FID-SA Diversity Self-Assessment Portal web page.
- The FDIC appreciates the participation from its regulated financial institutions and requests that institutions continue to voluntarily conduct a diversity self-assessment for the 2019 reporting period.
- Institutions are strongly encouraged to use the automated Diversity Self-Assessment of FDIC Regulated Financial Institutions for the 2019 reporting period.
- Please submit completed self-assessments by the extended submission date of May 31, 2020. The FDIC treats all information received as confidential commercial information.
- FDIC-Supervised Institutions (100 or more employees)
- President/Chief Executive Officer
- Human Resources Manager
- Diversity & Inclusion Officer, or equivalent
- Supplier Diversity Officer, or equivalent
- Interagency Policy Statement Establishing Joint Standards for Assessing the Diversity Policies and Practices of Entities Regulated by the Agencies (Policy Statement)
- The Standards for Assessing the Diversity Policies and Practices
- What Bankers Need to Know About the Diversity Self-Assessment Video
- Financial Institution Diversity Video
- Claire Lam, Chief of Diversity and Business Inclusion Branch, Office of Minority and Women Inclusion, 703-562-2623 or Cllam@FDIC.gov
Paper copies of FDIC FILs may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, E-1002, Arlington, VA 22226 (877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).