Financial Institution Letters
June 3, 2019
Request for Information on FDIC Technical Assistance Offerings and Delivery
On June 3, 2019, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) issued a Request for Information seeking feedback on the FDIC's methods and efforts to provide technical assistance. The FDIC requests information on additional steps the agency could take to support effective management and operation of FDIC-supervised institutions through technical assistance and collaboration on safety and soundness and consumer compliance matters. Comments on this Request for Information will be accepted for 60 days after the date of publication in the Federal Register.
Statement of Applicability to Institutions: This Financial Institution Letter applies to all FDIC-supervised financial institutions.
- The FDIC is responsible for maintaining stability and public confidence in the nation's financial system by insuring deposits, examining and supervising financial institutions for safety and soundness and consumer protection, making large and complex financial institutions resolvable, and managing receiverships. In order to accomplish this mission, the FDIC provides technical assistance to financial institutions.
- The FDIC uses various methods of technical assistance to educate and assist insured depository institutions. The forms of technical assistance include, but are not limited to, technical assistance videos, the Directors' Resource Center, director/banker colleges, teleconferences and webinars, Community Bank Resource Kits, regional compliance newsletters, and individual assistance to institutions.
- The FDIC is issuing this request for information to seek public input on strategies to improve the effectiveness of the FDIC's technical assistance offerings.
- Comments on the Request for Information will be accepted for 60 days after publication in the Federal Register.
- All FDIC-supervised institutions
- Board of Directors
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Lending Officer
- Chief Information Officer
- Compliance Officer
- Case Manager Kathleen E. Jones (816) 234-8143, KathJones@fdic.gov; or Policy Analyst Thaddeus King (202) 898-3541, email@example.com.
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's website at www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/index.html.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies of FDIC FILs may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, Room E 1002, Arlington, VA 22226 (1-877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).