Financial Institution Letters
April 5, 2018
FDIC Forum: Use of Technology in the Business of Banking
The FDIC will host a forum on the Use of Technology in the Business of Banking on Monday, May 7, 2018. The forum will be held from 9:00 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. Eastern Time in the FDIC's Sheila C. Bair Auditorium, 3501 Fairfax Drive, Arlington, Virginia, 22226. Registration is required to attend. The forum also will be webcast live and recorded for on-demand access after the event.
Statement of Applicability to Institutions Under $1 Billion in Total Assets: This Financial Institution Letter applies to all FDIC-supervised institutions.
- The FDIC will host a forum on the Use of Technology in the Business of Banking on Monday, May 7, 2018. The forum will be held from 9:00 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. ET in the FDIC's Sheila C. Bair Auditorium, 3501 Fairfax Drive, Arlington, Virginia 22226.
- Panels will focus on emerging technologies that are transforming banking operations, the impact of emerging technologies on retail banking, including new and innovative delivery channels, enhanced customer experiences, economic inclusion; and consumer financial data access—balancing rights and security.
- The forum will bring together representatives from banks that use or are considering using emerging technologies, representatives from firms offering emerging technologies, representatives from bank trade associations, thought leaders on the use of technology in the business of banking, leaders of consumer and community organizations, and representatives from federal and state financial regulatory agencies.
- Registration is required to attend the forum. To express your interest in attending, please complete the online registration at https://www.regonline.com/fdictechforum by Friday, April 20, 2018. Seating is limited.
- The forum will be webcast live and recorded for on-demand access after the event. The link to access the live webcast will be available on the FDIC.gov home page the morning of the event.
- For additional information, please visit www.fdic.gov/fdictechforum or email FDICtechforum@fdic.gov.
- FDIC-Supervised Institutions
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief Information Officer
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Compliance Officer
- Neil Anderson
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's website at www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2018.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, E-1002, Arlington, VA 22226 (877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).