Inactive Financial Institution Letters
March 3, 2017
Banker Webinar on Revisions to the Consolidated Reports of Condition and Income (Call Report)
The federal banking agencies will conduct a webinar for bankers on March 8, 2017, to discuss the new FFIEC 051 Call Report for eligible small institutions and changes to the existing FFIEC 031 and FFIEC 041 Call Reports. The new report and the updates are part of the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council's (FFIEC) efforts to reduce data reporting and other burdens for small financial institutions.
Statement of Applicability to Institutions With Total Assets Under $1 Billion: This Financial Institution Letter applies to all FDIC-supervised banks and savings associations, including community institutions.
- The webinar will introduce the new FFIEC 051 Call Report, explain its content and how it differs from the existing FFIEC 041 Call Report, and describe the changes to the existing versions of the Call Report. These Call Report revisions are scheduled to take effect March 31, 2017, subject to approval by the U.S. Office of Management and Budget.
- The new FFIEC 051 Call Report generally is applicable to institutions with domestic offices only and total assets of less than $1 billion.
- All institutions are invited to participate in the webinar on Wednesday, March 8, 2017, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., Eastern Time.
- Registration for the webinar is not required. Participants can join the webinar directly at https://www.mymeetings.com/nc/join.php?i=PWXW3041666&p=7828705&t=c beginning as early as 30 minutes before its scheduled start. Participants also can access the webinar by going to https://www.mymeetings.com/nc/join/ and entering conference number PWXW3041666 and passcode 7828705. Telephone access to the webinar will be available at 888-972-6894 or 517-308-9088 using passcode 7828705.
- The webinar will include a question-and-answer session. The agencies also encourage institutions to submit questions before the webinar by emailing CallReportsTaskForce@occ.treas.gov.
- Materials pertaining to the new FFIEC 051 Call Report and the revisions to the FFIEC 031 and FFIEC 041 Call Reports are available on the FFIEC's website at https://www.ffiec.gov/ffiec_report_forms.htm and the FDIC's website at https://www.fdic.gov/callreports.
- FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings) and FDIC-Supervised Savings Associations
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Accounting Officer
- Call Report Preparer
- FIL-10-2017, March 2, 2017, Webinar on the New Consolidated Reports of Condition and Income (Call Report) for Small Institutions and Other Call Report Revisions
- FIL-1-2017, January 4, 2017, New Consolidated Reports of Condition and Income (Call Report) for Small Institutions
- FIL-82-2017, December 30, 2016, New Streamlined Consolidated Reports of Condition and Income (Call Report) for Eligible Small Institutions and Other Call Report Revisions
- FDIC's Data Collection and Analysis Section at 800-688-3342 or FDICInfoReq@fdic.gov
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's website at https://www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2017/
To receive FILs electronically, please visit https://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies may be obtained via the FDIC's Public Information Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, E 1002, Arlington, VA 22226 (877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).