Inactive Financial Institution Letters
January 14, 2016
FDIC Announces Upcoming Community Affairs Webinar
Savings Strategies During America Saves Week 2016
The FDIC's Division of Depositor and Consumer Protection (DCP) Community Affairs Branch will host a webinar titled Help Encourage Individuals and Families to Save on February 3, 2016, from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (EST). The webinar will highlight strategies and approaches for institutions to consider that encourage savings in conjunction with America Saves Week. This webinar is one in a series of webinars highlighting strategies institutions can use to promote community development and expand access to the banking system.
Statement of Applicability to Institutions Under $1 Billion in Total Assets: This Financial Institution Letter applies to all FDIC-supervised institutions.
- America Saves Week 2016 is February 22 through 27, 2016, and the theme is "Set a Goal, Make a Plan, Save Automatically."
- During the upcoming webinar, representatives from America Saves and several financial institutions will join FDIC staff in exploring opportunities to participate in America Saves Week 2016. We will discuss the benefits and lessons learned from participating in a local America Saves initiative, and ways to enhance existing customer relationships through promoting savings.
- The webinar will be held on Wednesday, February 3, 2016, from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (EST). The session is free, but registration is required. To participate, institutions must register here by February 1.
- Each institution is responsible for assessing whether the ideas and information presented during the webinar are appropriate for the institution to pursue, given factors such as the institution's business focus, existing economic inclusion/community development strategies, financial condition, and market.
- FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief CRA Officer
- Compliance Officer
- FDIC Community Affairs at email@example.com
- Joan Lok, Senior Community Affairs Specialist, Division of Depositor and Consumer Protection, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 898-7157
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's Web site at. www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2016.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit http://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, E-1002, Arlington, VA 22226 (1-877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).