Financial Institution Letters
October 14, 2015
Bank Secrecy Act
Spanish Translation of the 2014 Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering Examination Manual
The Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML) Examination Manual (Manual) has been translated into Spanish and is available to the public.
Statement of Applicability to Institutions With Total Assets Under $1 Billion: This Financial Institution Letter applies to all FDIC-supervised banks and savings associations, including community institutions.
- The FDIC, in conjunction with the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, and National Credit Union Administration is making a Spanish translation of the 2014 FFIEC BSA/AML Examination Manual available to the public. This translation can be found at: https://www.ffiec.gov/bsa_aml_infobase/pages_misc/spanish_translation.htm
- The FFIEC released the 2014 update of the Manual on December 2, 2014. The revised Manual reflects the FFIEC's ongoing commitment to incorporate guidance issued since 2010 into one manual for the FFIEC agencies' examination staff.
- The revisions incorporate feedback from the banking industry and staff from the FFIEC agencies.
- The Manual benefits depository institutions by providing information to help ensure compliance with the BSA and safeguard operations from money laundering and other illicit financial transactions.
- New and revised sections of the Manual are identified in the table of contents by a 2014 revision date.
- FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)
- Chief Executive Officer
- BSA Compliance Officer
- Bank Secrecy Act
- Anti-Money Laundering
- Counter-Terrorist Financing
- Anti-Money Laundering Specialist Sean Smith at AML@FDIC.gov or (202) 898-3673
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's website at https://www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2015/.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit https://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies of FDIC FILs may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, Room E 1002, Arlington, VA 22226 (1-877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).