Financial Institution Letters
May 1, 2015
Banker Teleconference Series
Timely and Comprehensive Information from the FDIC
The FDIC's Division of Depositor and Consumer Protection (DCP) offers a series of events for bankers, including teleconferences and webinars, to maintain open lines of communication and update bank management and staff on important bank regulatory and emerging issues in the compliance and consumer protection area. The next event is a teleconference scheduled for May 21, 2015, that will focus on implementation of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau's (CFPB) mortgage rules. FDIC staff will share observations that FDIC examiners have noted during initial examinations and highlight a number of practices currently used by some institutions that might be useful to bank compliance officers. The session is free, but registration is required.
Statement of Applicability to Institutions Under $1 Billion in Total Assets: This Financial Institution Letter applies to all FDIC-supervised institutions.
- FDIC staff will share observations noted by FDIC examiners over the last year and highlight a number of practices used by some institutions for complying with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau's mortgage rules.
- The teleconference is scheduled for May 21, 2015, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. EDT. Registration is available online. Please register by May 19, 2015.
- We encourage institutions to submit questions prior to the teleconference by sending an email to BankerTeleconference@fdic.gov.
- The FDIC is also soliciting suggestions from institutions on topics for future banker events. Please submit suggestions to BankerTeleconference@fdic.gov.
- For additional information on the upcoming teleconference, see the attached announcement.
- FDIC-Supervised Institutions
- Chief Executive Officer
- Compliance Officer
- Chief Lending Officer
- General Counsel
- David Friedman, Policy Analyst, at (202) 898-6766 or BankerTeleconference@fdic.gov
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's Web site at https://www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2015/.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit http://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, E-1002, Arlington, VA 22226 (877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).