Inactive Financial Institution Letters
October 6, 2014
Consolidated Reports of Condition and Income
The Consolidated Reports of Condition and Income (Call Report) for the September 30, 2014, report date must be received by Thursday, October 30, 2014. Certain institutions with foreign offices have an additional five calendar days to submit their reports.
Statement of Applicability to Institutions With Total Assets Under $1 Billion: This Financial Institution Letter applies to all FDIC-supervised banks and savings associations, including community institutions.
- This quarter's Call Report does not require institutions to report any new data.
- There is no update to the Call Report instruction book this quarter.
- The Call Report forms for September 2014 are available on the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council's Web site at http://www.ffiec.gov/ffiec_report_forms.htm and the FDIC's Web site at http://www.fdic.gov/callreports.
- Banks should review FIL-50-2014 and its accompanying Supplemental Instructions for further information on the third quarter 2014 Call Report. This quarter's Supplemental Instructions include guidance on:
- The permissible use of the private company accounting alternative for goodwill for Call Report purposes, and
- The circumstances in which a subsequent restructuring of a loan that is a troubled debt restructuring (TDR) need no longer be treated as a TDR.
- FIL-50-2014 can be accessed at https://www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2014/fil14050.html.
- FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings) and FDIC-Supervised Savings Associations
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Accounting Officer
- Call Report Preparer
- FDIC's Data Collection and Analysis Section at 800-688-3342 or firstname.lastname@example.org
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's Web site at http://www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2014/.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit http://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies may be obtained via the FDIC's Public Information Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, E 1002, Arlington, VA 22226 (877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).