Financial Institution Letters
May 12, 2014
FDIC Announces Upcoming Community Affairs Webinar
Innovation at Work: Financial Empowerment Programs
The FDIC's Division of Depositor and Consumer Protection (DCP) Community Affairs Branch will host a webinar titled Innovation at Work: Financial Empowerment Programs on May 30, 2014, from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. (EDT). Leading practitioners in the growing financial capability movement will discuss programs underway in communities across the country. Guest presenters from NeighborWorks, the Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC), and the Cities for Financial Empowerment (CFE) Fund will describe their programs and share success stories. This webinar is part of an ongoing series of webinars highlighting strategies institutions can use to promote community development and expand access to the banking system.
Statement of Applicability to Institutions Under $1 Billion in Total Assets: This Financial Institution Letter applies to all FDIC-supervised institutions.
- At the upcoming webinar, leading practitioners in the growing financial capability movement will discuss programs underway in communities across the country. Programs developed by NeighborWorks, LISC, and the CFE Fund will be highlighted. Guest speakers will describe their programs and share success stories.
- The webinar will be held on Friday, May 30, 2014, from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. (EDT). To participate, institutions must register by May 28.
- Each institution is responsible for assessing whether the ideas and information presented during the webinar are appropriate for the institution to pursue, given factors such as the institution's business focus, existing economic inclusion/community development strategies, financial condition, and market.
- The FDIC welcomes suggestions for topics to be covered during future webinars. Please submit suggestions to email@example.com.
- FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief CRA Officer
- Compliance Officer
- FDIC Outreach and Program Development Section at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yolanda Green, Community Affairs Assistant, Division of Depositor and Consumer Protection, at email@example.com or (703) 258-1063
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's Web site at www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2014/.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit http://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, E-1002, Arlington, VA 22226 (1-877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).