FDIC Banker Teleconference Series: Consumer Complaints and Social Media
Staff from the FDIC's Division of Depositor and Consumer Protection (DCP) has hosted several banker teleconferences during 2013. The purpose of the teleconferences is to update you and your staff on important banking regulatory and emerging issues in the compliance and consumer protection area and to maintain open lines of communication. The last two calls in the series, scheduled for December 18 and 19, 2013, will focus on consumer complaints and social media. Registration is required.
- The teleconferences are free to officers and employees of all financial institutions.
- Advance registration is required.
- Instructions for registering for both teleconferences are available below.
- Participants may call in from any location and are not required to be on-site at their institutions.
- Institutions may submit questions in advance of the call to BankerTeleconference@FDIC.gov.
- Registrants will receive confirmation information by email with a toll-free number and pass code needed for each call. The presentation materials will be made available at that time.
Banker Teleconference: Consumer Complaints
Wednesday, December 18, 2013
2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. EST
The Banker Teleconference on Consumer Complaints will focus on the role and responsibilities of the FDIC's Consumer Response Center, the importance of a robust consumer complaints function as part of an institution's compliance management system, and how the FDIC uses consumer complaints in its supervisory program.
To register for the December 18th teleconference, visit the following link: https://fdicsurvey.inquisiteasp.com/fdic/cgi-bin/qwebcorporate.dll?idx=4CFY76.
Please register by December 16th.
Presentation: Consumer Complaints - PDF
Banker Teleconference: Social Media
Thursday, December 19, 2013
1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. EST
The Banker Teleconference on Social Media will include a discussion about the interagency guidance issued through the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC), "Social Media: Consumer Compliance Risk Management Guidance." The teleconference will feature staff from the FDIC and staff from other bank regulatory agencies.
To register for the December 19th teleconference, visit the following link: https://fdicsurvey.inquisiteasp.com/fdic/cgi-bin/qwebcorporate.dll?idx=Y5D5JD.
Please register by December 17th.
Presentation: Social Media: Consumer Compliance Risk Management Guidance - PDF
For more information, contact Alex Cheng, Policy Analyst, at (202) 898-6766, or email BankerTeleconference@FDIC.gov.