- Annual Reporting Requirements – As amended, Part 363 requires disclosure of the internal control framework and identified material weaknesses, provides relief from reporting for certain merged institutions, provides relief from reporting on internal control for acquired businesses, requires management’s assessment of compliance with laws and regulations to disclose any noncompliance, and provides illustrative management reports.
- Independent Public Accountants – As amended, Part 363 clarifies the independence standards applicable to accountants, requires certain communications to audit committees, and establishes a uniform retention requirement for audit working papers.
- Filing and Notice Requirements – The amendments extend the annual report filing deadline for nonpublic institutions and include a late filing notification requirement.
- Audit Committees – The amendments specify the audit committee’s duties regarding the independent public accountant, require audit committees to ensure that audit engagement letters do not contain unsafe and unsound limitation of liability provisions, and require boards of directors to develop and apply written criteria for evaluating audit committee members’ independence.
- Scope – The amendments revise the criteria for institutions to comply with Part 363 at a holding company level.
Selected FDIC-Insured Institutions
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Financial Officer
Board of Directors
Federal Deposit Insurance Act Section 36
Part 363 of the FDIC's Regulations
Part 363 Annual Reports and Other Required Reports
Part 363 Annual Reports and Other Required Reports - PDF(PDF Help)
12 CFR Parts 308 and 363 - Annual Independent Audits and Reporting Requirements; Final Rule - PDF
12 CFR Parts 308 and 363 - Annual Independent Audits and Reporting Requirements; Correction to Final Rule - PDF
FDIC Regional Accountant or Harrison Greene, Senior Policy Analyst, Division of Supervision and Consumer Protection, on 202 898-8905 or firstname.lastname@example.org
FIL-33-2009 - PDF (PDF Help)
FDIC financial institution letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's Web site at www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2009/index.html.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit http://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies of FDIC financial institution letters may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, E-1002, Arlington, VA 22226 (1-877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).