Inactive Financial Institution Letters
July 13, 2017
Consolidated Reports of Condition and Income
The Consolidated Reports of Condition and Income (Call Report) for the June 30, 2017, report date must be submitted to the agencies' Central Data Repository (CDR) by Sunday, July 30, 2017. Certain institutions with foreign offices have an additional five calendar days to file their reports.
Statement of Applicability to Institutions With Total Assets Under $1 Billion: This Financial Institution Letter applies to all FDIC-supervised banks and savings associations, including community institutions.
- The Call Report forms for June 2017 are available on the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council's (FFIEC) website at https://www.ffiec.gov/ffiec_report_forms.htm and the FDIC's website at https://www.fdic.gov/callreports.
- No new or revised data items take effect this quarter in the FFIEC 051, FFIEC 041, or FFIEC 031 Call Report.
- There is no update to the instruction book for the FFIEC 051 Call Report or to the instruction book for the FFIEC 041 and FFIEC 031 Call Reports this quarter.
- Eligible small institutions, generally those with domestic offices only and total assets less than $1
billion, have the option to file either the FFIEC 051 or the FFIEC 041 Call Report.
- An eligible institution that filed the FFIEC 041 for the March 31, 2017, report date may begin to file the FFIEC 051 this quarter or may wait until a subsequent quarter in 2017 to start using the FFIEC 051.
- Beginning in 2018, an eligible institution would be expected to file the same report form, either the FFIEC 051 or the FFIEC 041, for each quarterly report date during the year.
- Institutions should review FIL-27-2017 and its accompanying Supplemental Instructions for further information on the second quarter 2017 Call Report.
- For assistance with CDR system-related issues, including user accounts and passwords, please contact the CDR Help Desk by telephone at 888-CDR-3111, by fax at 703-774-3946, or by email at CDR.Help@ffiec.gov between 9:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m., Eastern Time, Monday through Friday, and Saturday, July 29, 2017.
- FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings) and FDIC-Supervised Savings Associations
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Accounting Officer
- Call Report Preparer
- FDIC's Data Collection and Analysis Section at 800-688-3342 or FDICInfoReq@fdic.gov
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's website at https://www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2017/
To receive FILs electronically, please visit https://service.govdelivery.com/accounts/USFDIC/subscriber/new.
Paper copies may be obtained via the FDIC's Public Information Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, E 1002, Arlington, VA 22226 (877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).