- On March 19, 2008, the Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC)
added an entity to its Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons (SDN) list, under the
Foreign Terrorist Organization [FTO] and Specially Designated Global Terrorist [SDGT]
- The new entity is the following:
- AL-SHABAAB (a.k.a. AL-SHABAAB AL-ISLAAM; a.k.a. AL-SHABAAB AL-ISLAMIYA; a.k.a. AL- SHABAAB
AL-JIHAAD; a.k.a. AL-SHABAB; a.k.a. HARAKAT SHABAB AL-MUJAHIDIN; a.k.a. HISB'UL SHABAAB;
a.k.a. HIZBUL SHABAAB; a.k.a. MUJAHIDEEN YOUTH MOVEMENT; a.k.a. MUJAHIDIN AL-SHABAAB
MOVEMENT; a.k.a. MUJAHIDIN YOUTH MOVEMENT; a.k.a. "MYM"; a.k.a. "THE UNITY OF ISLAMIC
YOUTH"; a.k.a. "THE YOUTH"; a.k.a. "YOUTH WING"), Somalia [FTO] [SDGT]
- OFAC information also may be found on the Internet at https://home.treasury.gov/policy-issues/office-of-foreign-assets-control-sanctions-programs-and-information.
- Please distribute this information to the appropriate personnel in your institution.
- For further information about Executive Orders, the list of blocked accounts or the procedures
to block accounts, please call OFAC's Compliance Programs Division at 1-800-540-6322.
FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)
Chief Executive Officer
BSA Compliance Officer
Office of Foreign Assets Control
Review Examiner Eric S. Walker at
SASFIL@FDIC.gov or (202) 898-3673
FIL-31-2008 - PDF (PDF Help)
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be
accessed from the FDIC's Web site at
To receive FILs electronically, please visit
Paper copies of FDIC FILs may be obtained
through the FDIC's Public Information Center,
3501 N. Fairfax Drive, Room E 1002, Arlington, VA
22226 (1-877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).