- On February 21, 2008, the Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) added an individual to its Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons (SDN) list under the SYRIA category, and added new information to a previously designated entity, Salafist Group for Call and Combat. The updates follow:
- MAKHLUF, Rami (a.k.a. MAKHLOUF, Rami; a.k.a. MAKHLOUF, Rami Bin Mohammed; a.k.a. MAKHLOUF, Rami Mohammad); DOB 10 Jul 1969; POB Syria; citizen Syria; Passport 98044 (Syria) (individual) [SYRIA]
- SALAFIST GROUP FOR CALL AND COMBAT (a.k.a. GSPC; a.k.a. LE GROUPE SALAFISTE POUR LA PREDICATION ET LE COMBAT; a.k.a. SALAFIST GROUP FOR PREACHING AND COMBAT) [FTO] [SDGT] -to- SALAFIST GROUP FOR CALL AND COMBAT (|a.k.a. AL-QA'IDA IN THE ISLAMIC MAGHREB; a.k.a. AQIM; a.k.a. GSPC; a.k.a. LE GROUPE SALAFISTE POUR LA PREDICATION ET LE COMBAT; a.k.a. SALAFIST GROUP FOR PREACHING AND COMBAT; a.k.a. TANZIM AL-QA'IDA FI BILAD AL-MAGHRIB AL- ISLAMIYA|) [FTO] [SDGT]
- OFAC information also may be found on the Internet at http://www.treas.gov/offices/enforcement/ofac.
- Please distribute this information to the appropriate personnel in your institution.
- For further information about Executive Orders, the list of blocked accounts or the procedures to block accounts, please call OFAC's Compliance Programs Division at 1-800-540-6322.
FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)
Chief Executive Officer
BSA Compliance Officer
Office of Foreign Assets Control
Review Examiner Eric S. Walker at
SASFIL@FDIC.gov or (202) 898-3673
FIL-15-2008 - PDF (PDF Help)
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be
accessed from the FDIC's Web site at
To receive FILs electronically, please visit
Paper copies of FDIC FILs may be obtained
through the FDIC's Public Information Center,
3501 Fairfax Drive, Room E 1002, Arlington, VA
22226 (1-877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).