- On April 26, 2006, through the Department of Treasury's OFAC, the President issued the attached new Executive Order Blocking Property of Persons in Connection With the Conflict in Sudan's Darfur Region. This Order broadens the authority of Executive Order 13067 to allow for the designation of persons, including both Government of Sudan and non-Government of Sudan officials, who satisfy the criteria set forth in the Order. Executive Order 13067 remains in effect.
- As a result of the annex to the Executive Order, new entries have been added to the Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons list. The new entries are attached.
- OFAC has asked that we distribute the information to all FDIC-supervised institutions so records can be checked for accounts that are required to be blocked.
- OFAC information also may be found on the Internet at https://home.treasury.gov/policy-issues/office-of-foreign-assets-control-sanctions-programs-and-information.
- Please distribute this information to the appropriate personnel in your institution.
- For further information about Executive Orders, the list of blocked accounts or the procedures to block accounts, please call OFAC's Compliance Programs Division at 1-800-540-6322.
FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)
Chief Executive Officer
BSA Compliance Officer
Office of Foreign Assets Control
April 27, 2006, Additions to SDN List
Sudan Executive Order - PDF 22k (PDF Help)
Review Examiner Debra L. Novak at
SASFIL@FDIC.gov or (202) 898-3673
FIL-42-2006 - PDF 40k (PDF Help)
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's Web site at www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2006/index.html.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit http://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies of FDIC FILs may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center,
3501 N. Fairfax Drive, Room E 1002, Arlington, VA 22226 (1-877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).