- On January 18, 2006, the Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) added one entry to its list of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons. The new entry follows:
- SHAWKAT, Assef, Director of Syrian Military Intelligence; Al-Akkad Street, Damascus, Syria; DOB 1950; POB Tartus, Syria; nationality Syria (individual) [SYRIA]
- OFAC has asked that we distribute the information to all FDIC-supervised institutions so records can be checked for accounts that are required to be blocked.
- OFAC information also may be found on the Internet at https://home.treasury.gov/policy-issues/office-of-foreign-assets-control-sanctions-programs-and-information.
- Please distribute this information to the appropriate personnel in your institution.
- For further information about Executive Orders, the list of blocked accounts or the procedures to block accounts, please call OFAC's Compliance Programs Division at 1-800-540-6322.
FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)
Chief Executive Officer
BSA Compliance Officer
Office of Foreign Assets Control
Review Examiner Debra L. Novak at
SASFIL@FDIC.gov or (202) 898-3673
FIL-10-2006 - PDF 44k (PDF Help)
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's Web site at www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2006/index.html.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit http://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies of FDIC FILs may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center (1-877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).