- On August 18, 2005, the Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) added several new entries and amended several entries on its list of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons (SDNs).
- The new entries are attached.
- OFAC has asked that we distribute the information to all FDIC-supervised institutions so records can be checked for accounts that are required to be blocked.
- OFAC information also may be found on the Internet at https://home.treasury.gov/policy-issues/office-of-foreign-assets-control-sanctions-programs-and-information.
- Please distribute this information to the appropriate personnel in your institution.
- For further information about Executive Orders, the list of blocked accounts or the procedures to block accounts, please call OFAC's Compliance Programs Division at
FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)
Chief Executive Officer
BSA Compliance Officer
Office of Foreign Assets Control
New Additions and Amended Entries List
Senior Financial Analyst Debra L. Novak at SASFIL@FDIC.gov or (202) 898-3673
FIL-84-2005 - PDF 42k (PDF Help)
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's Web site at www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2005/index.html.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit http://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies of FDIC FILs may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center, 801 17th Street, NW, Room 100, Washington, DC 20434 (1-877-275-3342 or (703) 562-2200).